Sign in or
Engine won't start?
- Check the PTO lever has not become engaged, perhaps accidentally. This is a common cause of starting problems - it is all to easy to snag the lever with your jacket as you dismount. With the key turned to the start position, jiggle the PTO on/off lever with your other hand. If this is the problem you will hear the engine turn over as the lever hits the correct position.
- Check other safety switches have not engaged, for example beneath the seat.
- [TBN] Defective neutral switch preventing BX23 from starting.
Engine won't stop[TBN ]Engine keeps running after switching off
[TBN] BX23 won't shut off..
[TBN] BX24 won't turn off
Engine stalls when facing downhill, going over bumps or if you have a low body weight.Many people, especially lighter folk, have found that the engine dies when they lean forward in the seat. This is more prone to happen when facing down a hill, or trying to observe FEL activity. One owner at least found that a 5-minute adjustment to the switch beneath the seat solved the problem. On some models the seat switch spring consists of two brass stampings. Removing just one of them will reduce the tendency of the seat to rise up, but do not remove both or you will defeat the safety mechanism completely. Adding some weight to the seat to take account of a light driver might also work - for example the BXpanded toolbag that attaches to the back of the seat. As a last resort, eat more!
[TBN] BX2660 Deluxe Reclining Seat Kill Switch Adjustment (Describes adjustment to reduce sensitivity to light weight.)
[TBN] BX Seat Safety Safety Switch Adjustment
Trouble starting in cold weather?
- Set throttle to about one-third (fast idle)
- 10 seconds of glow plug.
- If doesn't fire immediately, return to glow plug setting for another 10 seconds and retry.
Engine Running Rough[TBN ]Engine sputtering...What's going on?
[TBN] Rough running BX caused by pieces from corroded fuel tank sender unit
Engine troubleshooting tips from Tractorsmart
[TBN] Hard to get BX23 into neutral when starting
[TBN] BX2230 Fuel Leak
[TBN] Loose throttle lever
[TBN] BX24 Throttle slips
[TBN] BX22 creeps when idle
OverheatingRead the Cooling System page.
Latest page update: made by apmillard
, Oct 11 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Link to TBN discussion about rough running because fuel tank sender unit corroded.
22 words added
4 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.